MotoAmerica is thrilled to announce record numbers for the opening two rounds of the 2020 MotoAmerica Series with the viewership of round one the highwater mark thus far with a combined viewership total across both linear and digital sources of approximately 1.9 million – a dramatic four-time increase over 2019 which saw a total of 496,000 viewers from linear and digital outlets at Road America.
The numbers from round two are almost as impressive with over 1.5 million total viewers, which was nearly three times larger than the viewership of Road America in 2019. With a year-to-date total after the first two rounds of 3.4 million viewers, MotoAmerica has already surpassed 80 percent of the entire 10-round 2019 season, which delivered a total of 4.4 million across all platforms.
“The growth in MotoAmerica’s numbers are impressive and a good sign for the future,” said MotoAmerica President Wayne Rainey. “We’re very happy that we’ve been able to continue to bring our racing to the fans, both live and on television and digitally, despite the issues brought about by COVID-19. Everyone involved in our series, from the teams to our staff, the tracks and our riders, have done a wonderful job of working through difficult times and we owe a lot of our early success in 2020 to them. We look forward to round three at Road Atlanta and following that up the next weekend at Pittsburgh International Race Complex for round four.”
Round three of the 2020 MotoAmerica Series is this coming weekend, July 31-August 2, at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta with the two HONOS Superbike races again airing live on FS1.
The viewership numbers break down as follows from Road America 1:
- Linear television (live and repeat), including P2 +MC/USAA projections from Nielsen (FOX Sports 1, FS2, NBC Sports Network, MAVTV) totaled 636,000
- International broadcast (live and repeat) totaled 416,000
- Digital (MotoAmerica Live+, Facebook, YouTube full race and highlights) totaled 866,000
- Total viewers – 1,918,000
The viewership numbers break down as follows from Road America 2:
- Linear television (live and repeat), including P2 +MC/USAA projections from Nielsen (FOX Sports 1, FS2, NBC Sports Network, MAVTV) totaled 613,000
- International broadcast (live and repeat) totaled 350,000
- Digital (MotoAmerica Live+, Facebook, YouTube full race and highlights) totaled 546,000
- Total viewers – 1,509,000