The 2018 MotoAmerica season will kick off Friday, April 13 with the Suzuki Championship at Road Atlanta in Braselton, Georgia. The highly anticipated season will exclusively on beIN SPORTS, the fastest-growing sports cable network in the world. Starting with the season opener, fans can tune in to each of this season’s races on beIN SPORTS and the network’s online streaming platform, beIN SPORTS CONNECT.
This year’s action-packed season takes place over a six-month period featuring 10 rounds across nine different states. The new season will feature some very exciting changes to the competition all designed to make it even more entertaining for the fan and more competitive for the riders. MotoAmerica announced that there will be over $6 million dollars up for grabs across all the different categories.
The state of the art television production includes over 20 cameras in each circuit guaranteeing that every inch of the race track is covered. The commentating team returns with Greg White as lead announcer, former AMA champion Jason Pridmore as expert analyst, and pit reporter Hannah Lopa.
This year the series will hold its preseason test, with free admission to fans, at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, Alabama, on Monday and Tuesday, March 26-27, before starting the official season for the first time at Road Atlanta, April 13-15. The following week, April 20-22, MotoAmerica will join forces with the MotoGP World Championship at COTA for round two of the series.
Included below is the full 2018 MotoAmerica Calendar:
- Round 1. April 13-15: Suzuki Championship – Road Atlanta
- Round 2. April 20-22: MotoAmerica Championship of Texas – Circuit of the Americas
- Round 3. May 4-6: MotoAmerica Championship of Virginia – Virginia International Raceway
- Round 4. June 1-3: Dunlop Championship – Road America
- Round 5. June 22-24: MotoAmerica Championship of Monterey – Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- Round 6. July 20-22: MotoAmerica Championship of Utah – Utah Motorsports Campus
- Round 7. August 10-12: Cycle Gear Championship of Sonoma – Sonoma Raceway
- Round 8. August 24-26: MotoAmerica Championship of Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh International Race Complex
- Round 9. September 7-9: MotoAmerica Championship of New Jersey – New Jersey Motorsports Park
- Round 10. September 21-23: MotoAmerica Championship of Alabama – Barber Motorsports Park
Fans can tune-into beIN SPORTS’ weekly studio program, “Pit Lane”, for even more Motorsports action such as race analysis and insider access to the top riders and industry experts with host Terri Leigh, Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. ET /4:30 p.m. PT.