Draik Beauchamp isn’t your typical 19-year-old. How could he be when he’s known to his friends and fans as “The Draik”? With wisdom beyond his years and a class win at Road America aboard his #77 AP MotoArts Yamaha FZ-07/MT-07 under his belt, we asked The Draik The Friday Five. Here’s what he had to say:
1. Would you rather earn the pole position and not finish in the top ten or lead the entire race, but crash out unhurt on the final lap?
I would rather be racing with people at the front and crash because I know I was pushing hard.
2. What is the greatest thing about living in Alden, Minnesota?
The lack of people. There is nobody out there telling me what to do.
3. What is the strangest question a fan has asked you?
“Have you almost died?”
4. If you had to choose between blazing, straight-line speed or razor-sharp cornering, what would you choose?
Razor-sharp cornering because a fast bike that doesn’t handle well is not as fulfilling as a bike that is magical in the corners.
5. What is the secret to happiness?
Freedom (for more, see the answer to Question 2).
There are three great ways to watch the MotoAmerica Series: FS2, NBCSN, and via the MotoAmerica Live+ subscription streaming/Video On Demand service. For more info, go to https://motoamerica.com/watch/
To purchase MotoAmerica race tickets, visit https://motoamerica.com/tickets/