With the 2018 season almost upon us, MotoAmerica is again seeking volunteers who want to assist the series and be a part of the action of what will likely be the most competitive and hard-fought championship to date in all five of the classes.
“Our volunteer program has grown over the past three seasons to provide essential tech, grid and track marshal support to our events,” said MotoAmerica Senior Operations Manager Niccole Cox. “The number of repeat volunteers has grown significantly so it’s been great seeing familiar faces round after round. The success of the program is a testament to the work of our staff and the dedication of our greatest fans. We look to our volunteer pool first when hiring and we hope everyone looking to give back to our sport or get their foot in the door will consider volunteering for an event near them.”
The 10-round 2018 series begins this season at Road Atlanta in Braselton, Georgia, April 13-15, and concludes at Barber Motorsports Park, September 21-23.
Volunteers have the opportunity to take advantage of free camping, extra guest passes, swag bags and meet and greets with the riders. Volunteer positions are available at all rounds and no experience is necessary. Here is a brief description of those positions:
* Track Marshal: provides support with motorcycle recovery in the event of a crash or mechanical failure.
* Tire Marshal: assists tire-control coordinator in paddock, hot pit, and grid to ensure competitors follow tire-allocation regulations.
* Technical Control: supports technical director to certify racing motorcycles conform to rulebook.
* Grid Marshal: assists chief steward help riders follow practice and qualifying procedures and make sure their motorcycles are positioned correctly on the grid for race starts.
* Marketing: Marketing volunteers assist with kids’ zone, deployment of signage, podium presentations and other various event marketing tasks.
* Hospitality Volunteer: Hospitality Volunteers assist in the MotoAmerica hospitality, ensuring the area is clean and stocked, and providing a welcoming environment for staff and VIP guests.
Here is the 2018 MotoAmerica schedule with links to registration forms for those rounds.
Preseason Tire Test: March 26-27: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/marshal-volunteer-registration-preseason-test-barber-motorsports-park-419836 – Birmingham, Alabama
Round 1: April 13-15: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/marshal-volunteer-registration-road-atlanta-motoamerica-volunteers-194848 – Braselton, Georgia
Round 2: April 20-22: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/marshal-volunteer-registration-cota-circuit-of-americas-motoamerica-volunteers-626551 – Austin, Texas
Round 3: May 4-6: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/marshal-volunteer-registration-vir-virginia-international-raceway-195229 – Danville, Virginia
Round 4: June 1-3: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/marshal-volunteer-registration-road-america-motoamerica-volunteers-246575 – Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
Round 5: June 22-24: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/marshal-volunteer-registration-laguna-seca-mazda-raceway-motoamerica-volunteers-019574 – Monterey, California
Round 6: July 20-22: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/marshal-volunteer-registration-umc-utah-motorsports-campus-motoamerica-048769 – Tooele, Utah
Round 7: August 10-12: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/marshal-volunteer-registration-sonoma-raceway-motoamerica-volunteers-982970 – Sonoma, California
Round 8: August 24-26: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/marshal-volunteer-registration-pirc-pittsburgh-international-race-compl-772528 – Wampum, Pennsylvania
Round 9: September 7-9: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/marshal-volunteer-registration-njmp-thunderbolt-motoamerica-volunteers-317142 – Millville, New Jersey
Round 10: September 21-23: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/marshal-volunteer-registration-barber-motorsports-park-motoamerica-volunteers-864835 – Birmingham, Alabama
Volunteers can also stay up to date by liking and regularly visiting this Facebook Page. Thank you for supporting the MotoAmerica Series.